Turnip - open Vulkan 1.1, 1.2, 1.3(Freedreno) driver for Qualcomm Adreno 616+ graphics accelerators. Included in the free implementation of the Vulkan & OpenGL graphics APIs - Mesa3D. To access the GPU, use
Turnip, like the rest of the Vulkan drivers, supports DXVK - DirectX (in Wine) on top of Vulkan.
Also thanks to enthusiasts, Turnip along with Zink can be used to get full hardware acceleration in ExaGear (currently DXVK is not supported due to a truncated X-server in ExaGear that does not support dri3 required by DXVK.)
Using Turnip to Build Mesa
To build Turnip into Mesa, you need to specify these options when building:
meson build -D vulkan-drivers=freedreno -D freedreno-kgsl=true
Using Turnip+Zink for Hardware OpenGL on GPUs that don't support it
Adreno GPUs only support OpenGL ES by default. To use Zink (Vulkan->OpenGL translator) build Mesa with these flags:
meson build -D platforms=x11,wayland -D gallium-drivers=swrast,zink -D vulkan-drivers=freedreno -D dri3=enabled - D glx=dri -D freedreno-kgsl=true
Full instructions for rebuilding Turnip+Zink for use in ExaGear can be found here.
As of September 25, 2022, Turnip supports the following Adreno GPUs:
- Adreno 616(Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, 712)
- Adreno 618(Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, 730, 730G, 732G)
- Adreno 619(Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G, 480)
- Adreno 619L(Qualcomm Snapdragon 690)
- Adreno 620(Qualcomm Snapdragon 765, 765G)
- Adreno 630(Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, 850)
- Adreno 640(Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 855+, 860)
- Adreno 642L(Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G)
- Adreno 650(Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, 865+)
- Adreno 660(Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, 888+)
GPU Adreno 7xx series is currently not supported, for 3D acceleration in ExaGear Windows Emulator use VirGL Overlay.